When installing Compo Deck
Please note when installing the Compo Deck composite decking please follow the link on the right.
Compo Deck Installation Guide
Please find the installation manuals to the left of this box and as always if you have any questions or need to confirm anything give us a call and a member of our team will be happy to help. Our opening hours are Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm
Do’s and Don’ts
Before Starting the installation, make sure to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety goggles suitable footwear and dust mask so work can be carried out safely.
Cleaning Composite Decking
After Installing your composite decking we recommend cleaning the decking, it is simple quick and easy if done right.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- Allow the decking 24 hours to acclimatise.
- Take weather conditions into account when allowing for expansion and contraction gaps.
- Install the decking with a fall along the length of the boards.
- Fully support and fix down all board ends with two fixings and one joist per end, (Double joist all joints).
- Keep decking clean and wash regularly for the first month with light detergent and rinse with fresh water.
- Support and fix down all board ends directly to supporting joists.
- Stagger all end joints.
- Sand down any roughly cut edges with sand paper.
- Always make a pilot hole when screwing into any WCP material.
- Do not lay waterproof or airtight mats, covers or other flat objects directly onto the decking.
- Forget the decking will expand and contract so leave an appropriate gap at end of all boards.
- Lay / install the decking laying directly onto sub floor.
- Install the decking completely flat.
- Install the decking on an uneven surface.
- Exceed the stated support frame centers.
- Power wash the decking above 30 Bar.
- Do not block the ends of the boards.
- Do not heat the surface, middle or underside of the boards.
COMPODECK PROVIDE A FAST NATIONWIDE DELIVERY SERVICE OF COMPOSITE DECKING
SUPPLIERS OF COMPOSITE DECKING TO: GARDEN DESIGNERS - LANDSCAPE GARDENERS - GARDEN CENTRES - BUILDERS MERCHANTS - BUILDERS